Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dinner took FOREVER, but never tasted better :)

Tonight to keep the kids out of Daddy's hair, I had them come and cook every bit of dinner with me.  Although it took much longer than if I had just done it myself, we had so much fun and there really were so many "jobs" they could help me with.

They washed and dried the zucchini and squash then as I sliced they put the slices into the pan.  My son sprinkled the salt and pepper on them and with a little butter they were ready to go.  They each took turns "painting" the pork with the brush and some BBQ sauce which was their favorite part of course!  For dessert they made pudding and the did every bit themselves.  Henry helped measure the milk and pour it in, they both took turns whisking and then we put chocolate chips in their for a surprise. 

They loved making it, they were proud to eat it and to have Daddy eat what they  made and they ended up loving the pudding the most (shocker).  It made my daily chore of making dinner so much more enjoyable and I didn't have to fight anyone to eat because they made it.  I realized that I need to do this more often and treat it less like a chore cause that was the best dinner we've had in a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment