Monday, August 1, 2011

Trading Places

My husband, Jon and I have often spoken about how he will never understand what it is like to be a Mom and housewife all day long and THEN go to work 8 hours at night, going on constant lack of sleep and trying to do so many jobs at one time.  Just as I will never understand what it is like to be gone from the house 55 hours a week to come home exhausted and have to be Dad for the last few hours of such a long day.

Well, we should of been more careful of what we wished for because we are about to switch roles and it will be a HUGE adjustment for our families but will hopefully give us each some insight as to what each other does all day.

Jon injured his knee last week and will be having surgery upcoming in mid-August.  He will not be able to go to work until after the surgery and recovery is well under way.  This will be about a month off for him or so.  I, in the meantime, will be picking up as many shifts at work as possible days, evenings, nights whatever I can to make up for his time off and our medical expenses.  We won't be using our babysitter at all because Daddy or Mommy will ALWAYS be home.

I am scared and nervous.  I am a mess really.  I don't like seeing my husband in pain and I am scared of him going into surgery.  I don't know what we are going to do with the kids on the day of surgery.  I don't know how I am going to get out of bed tomorrow but this may be a good change for us.  Both of us have been looking for ways to improve, ways to get closer to goals we have set and such, maybe this will be the "blessing in disguise" that we need. 

Will keep yall posted about all the new adventures and my new work as a woman back in the full time work force!  Oh Help Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment