Friday, July 8, 2011

Side by Side with my Kids in Tow

I am very fortunate that my husband works so hard for our family.  Fortunate that I only have to work part time in the evenings and can run a small boutique FROM HOME.  I am a stay at home Mom with a part time job outside of the house, who gets to stay at home with her children even on the days that she has to work.

All that said, when working on projects for my shop, I am so lucky that my children are involved and they LOVE it!!  They help me name pieces, they adore walking around the craft store and going to shows and the most important thing is that they are always by my side when I am creating.

The newest endeavor to my shop- www.thethriftygift.etsy.com - are keepsake jewelry made of a customer's dried rose petals from various events in their lives.  While working with various types of clays and textures the kids have learned to make their own projects to fire in the oven and it has been super great and very fun to work and play beside them.  Here are some previews of some of our hard work.


                                                Some little pretties that were created this week
Rose beads:
Red Rose beads VS Orange Rose beads

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop. Would love a visit and follow back on my blog: http://blog.writerslairbooks.com. Thanks! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beads, they look great! New follower from the finding new friends hop, have a great day! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete