Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!

We are in week 4 of Jon being home and recovering from knee surgery and boy is it wild.  It is a terrible reason to have him home but I am so glad he is here and so are the kids.  We are all getting so used to it, it is hard to think of him having to go back to work eventually.  While he has been home though I have been working more and it has been so hard leaving he and the kids.  I have always worked evenings and stayed at home during the days with the children but now that we are all home together, leaving for work is even more difficult.
I think it has been a healthy does of perspective for all of us that this has happened though and in the beginning I definitely couldn't see the silver lining.
Jon has learned that he wants to spend more time at home with the kids and me and he really likes being the one the kids ask for first thing in the morning and they all have a fun time with the new routine.
The kids are enjoying Daddy time so much that they don't wish either of us to have to work EVER and they think everyday is the weekend.  In a way it has been like everyday is the weekend and especially in the fact that I can't keep track of what day it is!!!  I am lost!!  We all wake up together everyday and that even confuses the Mama as for what day of the week it is :)
It has been great for me to let them all have this time even though my role has dramatically changed for the time being.  There is something so safe and happy about knowing they are with their Daddy when I leave for work.  I have this piece of mind that I haven't realized before.

So as we work to rehab Jon's knee and get him back on his feet and back to work, we will all just enjoy a few more weeks, days and hours of being together as a family for as much of our days as possible.  Course I am off to work and I can't stand it BUT tomorrow we will all wake together and have the whole day ahead of us, TOGETHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment