Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Birthday To ME!

Another birthday has come and gone.  I have turned 29 again and it was an amazing day.  The kids and Daddy spent two days designing, baking and icing a cake for me as a surprise.  It was PERFECT.  They have never done anything like this for me (usually my husband is working 55hours a week so there isn't much time for planning) but as he is off work with this knee surgery, there was plenty of time and they made my day!
It was so funny to me, looking at this later that I am the "Mom" this cake is made for!

I always try to make each person's birthday as special as possible.  We celebrate all day long from sun up to sun down.  They pick their favorite meals, they choose what we do for the day, they design their cake and help with their parties. So the fact that they were all about Mommy this whole day and took the time to design a cake for me and execute it while I was mowing the lawn means SO MUCH.  In fact, they will probably never know how special this birthday really was to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment