Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Best Conversations

I love to have conversations with our son, Henry, who is 4 years old.  He is so smart and he is so inquisitive about EVERYTHING.  We aren't just talking the "WHY, WHY WHY???" He really thinks about things and wonders about things and he knows how to find his answers.

It started with his love of books at a young age. We go to the library every Thursday and have since he was an itty bitty boy.  One of the first moments I was so proud of him was when he said to me, on the way to the library, "I think I need a book about snowmobiles, I don't know enough about them."  So we got a book about snowmobiles and I was so proud that he realizes where and how to get information!

We have looked up various things robots, outer space, comic books, spiders, bug guides, drawing books, transformers, crabs and lobsters, octopus, anything and everything.  Today in the car we are talking about exoskeletons and going through every animal and talking about if their bones are on the inside or the outside and my daughter says "dog?"  Henry goes through his entire reasoning, "well reindeer are covered in fur and they have bones on the INSIDE.  Dogs have hair on the outside so they must have bones on the INSIDE too!  Yeah they don't have shells so they don't have exoskeletons!"  He was so proud of himself and so was I.  I was absolutely so proud of him and of the fact that because of how we have made the library a priority we can have these super fun conversations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment