Monday, February 13, 2012

Got Old Magazines??

Superbowl Sunday brought many of my family members over for the annual "Superbowl Bash" that I throw in honor of my husbands "favorite holiday", the Superbowl.  I cook tons of fatty food that I don't make any other time of year and sometimes people come over and sometimes it is just us, and I still make enough food to feed 20 people!

This year my Mom and Pops headed over and brought me a plastic bag of magazines from the past few weeks.  You know the type, the first half of the magazine tells you how to lose weight and look good while the second half gives you tons of yummy high calorie recipes to make!

A couple of days after Superbowl I noticed the magazines and thought I'd flip through and find all the puppy photos for my daughter who LOVES all dogs and then I had a light bulb...  So me and the kids went to work.
We flipped through the magazines and Mommy cut out EVERY SINGLE picture of things that the kids LOVE.  We spent almost 2 hours flipping through and cutting and laying all of our pictures face up all over the living room floor so we could see them.  I found a piece of cardboard 1 and a half feet by 2 feet in size and we started sorting.  Once we made two piles, we put it together like a puzzle, a puzzle that each gets to take turn choosing their piece and Mommy glues.
We had a great morning!!  The kids took turns with their pictures and we started in opposite corners then met in the middle.  We ran out of room and put stuff upside down or sideways just to fit it and the kids and I had a blast.  We made a great big "Things We Love Collage" and it was fantastic.

They have been so proud to show each and every person who enters the house their collage.  They like to point out certain things or I find them randomly looking over it during the day.  It is leaning on the wall in the living room and they are always walking by it and pointing to something and telling me about it.  It was a simple but fun experience and they learned alot too!  I think we will do this more often but with themes: all things red, alphabet letters, animals etc...

We had so much fun with this and we hope you will too!
"Things we LOVE collage"
Artists: Henry, Callie and Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment