Friday, October 14, 2011

Loving the Fall

I have always had a fun time doing anything and everything to prepare for Halloween.  I love the fall and everything about it and Halloween seems to be the time to kick off the fall.
I love the pumpkin patch and bonfires.  I love leaves and jumping in them, the smell of them, raking them.  I love all of the scents of fall; warm apple pie, spiced cider and cinnamon.  I am getting giddy just thinking about all of it!

When we started chatting with the kids about Halloween I thought I could predict what they would want to be, based on their current obsessions and I was right 100%.  So we got to planning.  Our son, Henry, who is 4 1/2, is all about plans and authenticity.  He sketched out pictures and we talked about how to attach things and how to make this costume look "real", up to his standards.

We went to several stores to collect all of our goodies and got started on costume making.  Callie is just 2 1/2 so she didn't have quite as many "plans" but she picked the colors of her costume and helped make it as well.  It was a super fun evening with cutting and pinning and ironing and sticking and then of course the grand finale DRESSING UP!!

Henry is an Octopus complete with a beak and a tilted head.  Callie Anne is a puppy and as soon as she was in her get up, she stopped talking and went straight to barking!

I can't wait to take them out trick or treating.  They have been practicing what they will say to get a treat and what they will say after they get their treats and they are so super excited about it.  Now if I can just figure out how to rig up 8 candy bags on little Henry's tentacles, we will be in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment