Monday, October 17, 2011

Family Emergencies

It's funny once you have kids, what becomes a family emergency.  "AHHH we are out of milk!!" or "We're on the last diaper!"  These things become very serious very quickly.

Last night, while I was at work, there were two emergencies at my house and of course my husband called to tell me about them as they happened. 

Emergency Number One:  2 year old takes big poop in the bathtub!!  As soon as it happened, and it was completely unexpected, Jon whipped the kids out of the tub.  The kids just stared at the mess and cried standing beside the tub!

Emergency Number Two:  4 year old kicks his foot down and gets stabbed by a bobbi pin that fell between the couch cushions.  This one was totally different and the phone call was to make sure he had up to date tetanus. 
Callie and Henry were laying next to each other on the couch and all of a sudden Henry starts screaming.  Jon is trying to figure it out when he sees blood, alot of blood.  When Henry sees the blood, of course, he is screaming even more and when Callie sees the blood, she starts to cry with concern.  I am so touched that she was so sweet and compassionate toward her brother.
Jon takes the kids into the bathroom to wash and sanitize Henry's puncture wound and as he is wincing in pain, Callie starts making faces to try to make him smile!

Even though I got a couple of "emergency" calls last night while I was working, I was so proud of my little girl and her empathy and compassion for her big brother.  She loves him so much and the two of them are quite the team.  I absolutely adore these children and their Daddy who knows how to handle every situation whether Mommy is here to help out or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment