Friday, October 14, 2011

All Hail A Taxi!!

I packed the kids and the husband up and sent them on their way to Hawesville, Ky where they will be visiting our friend, Alex, who is in town from LA for a movie he made that is being featured this weekend.  I have to work all weekend but didn't want them to be stuck here just because I couldn't go so off they went on their road trip with Daddy this afternoon.

Of course this is bittersweet for me because I miss them already, but it will be fun for them and I will get to sleep in tomorrow (when is the last time that happened).  About 15 minutes into the trip I get a phone call from Jonny and I am wondering if the car broke down or Callie puked (yup the little one gets car sick) when he tells me that he just called to tell me that a road trip isn't as much fun without me.  It made my day he was so sweet.  We promised to chat later after they arrived and before I had to go to work.

On my way to work, driving Jon's car the gauges became possessed by the devil himself.  They were all over the place bouncing up and down and stuff.  The car was still going in the direction of work so whatever.  I did call Jon to tell him about it with the hopes that it was just a simple fluke.

**NOTE**  We drive old cars.  We refuse to have a car payment and just buy cars with cash.  The car in question is a 1996 Neon.

So I am almost to work and finding a parking spot and decide for poops and giggles to turn the car off and try to turn it back on...no go.  The car is not making any noise and not starting but hey at least I got to work.  The car is broken down in the employee parking lot at my work!  This is the car that Jon has to return to work with on Monday! 

All in all, I wasn't even mad.  So I have to get a ride home from work.  So my Mom has to drop off a car for me tomorrow.  So Jon has to spend the rest of his weekend, once he returns home, figuring out and fixing the problem.  Remember after all this, I still get to sleep in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment