Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Burn Baby Burn

I love to cook. I LOVE it. However, I am a handicapped chef.  The knives in our house are not sharp. I can't keep them sharp or else you may find a fingertip in your Sweet Italian Sausage and pasta dish.  I will need to visit the emergency room for stitches a minimum of twice a week IF I keep them sharp.  So I have the kind you have to saw everything in order to cut it.  This way I don't chop off an appendage.

I also am the messiest cook ever.  I have to scrub the stove and countertops after every meal and even snacks. I never get all the milk in the cup, I never keep the sauce from bubbling over even when I put a lid on it.  Baking, don't even get me started.  I try to avoid it at all costs.

Oh and the scars. I have more scars from burns from the oven than I prefer to mention.  Currently I am nursing a burn on my arm that prevented Callie from touching the 400 degree oven.

And despite all this I keep on cooking.  Someone has to. I would be eating frozen pizza and spaghettios every night if anyone else did the cheffing around here!!  Besides, my wounds will heal but don't ask me what is in my special sauce...

2 comments:

  1. Just curious to know the following:

    Will you change the name of your blog each year, or are you forever 30-years-old? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually forever 29 but I though 30 was a better more catchy name. If it is available I may change from year to year but don't you think it is best I keep it 30yearoldgenius so you know where to find me?? :)

    ReplyDelete