Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Thank Goodness for Evenings at Home

I am really lucky that my husband has a job that brings him home in the evenings.  Last night was the perfect example of an evening well spent with my family.
Daddy got home from work and we all had a big dinner TOGETHER.  We talked about the things we did that day and about how we were going to decorate our Christmas cookies and all of the things we were super excited about with the holidays.
After we cleaned up the kitchen we started measuring and mixing and baking, TOGETHER.  We made a couple of different cookie doughs and got to work dyeing them appropriate colors and cookie cutting like mad people.  We baked and the house smelled great!  Decorating time!!
We got out all the goodies like colored sugars, M&M's for ornaments, crushed peppermints and icing, icing, icing!!  We of course taste tested EVERY SINGLE THING while we were decorating.
After decorating, the kids were a big sweet mess so I ran them a super bubbly bath and my husband and I tag teamed the washing, rinsing, drying and dressing to get them ready for their night time snacks.
We all had cookies and milk and watched one of their favorite shows, TOGETHER before heading up for story time and bed time.

Not only did my husband and I tag team the entire evening, we did it all together as a family and it was fantastic.  Nothing too eventful.  Nothing super exciting.  To the kids EVERYTHING was super exciting and eventful and to me it was just a perfect way to spend a December evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment